Sunday, November 29, 2009

Giving Thanks

This past Thanksgiving gave me a lot to think about. There are so many things we each have to be thankful for. We have friends, family, and just so much for. I'm grateful for so much, like time. We all have the same amount of time, even if we don't necessarily use it wisely. We have enough time to play and to work, to sing and dance, and to learn and sleep.
I am very grateful for my family, especially to get to know the new, wonderful people that are my step-family! I get to learn and grow from these great people, and hopefully help each of them to learn and grow. I'm also glad I got a chance to grow closer to each of my sisters (including Rachel!). I am happy to say that the members of my family are my best friends!
I'm grateful to my friends and for the examples they are to me. They help to stay on the right path in so many ways! They keep me going through the hard times, and help me not go too crazy during the good.
I am glad I have so much time to do the things I want to do, and to do the things I need to do. I know the importance of working hard, and of playing hard.
I'm grateful for beautiful music. I can perform on the piano, and on the alto saxophone. These are blessings to me, and a relaxation tool. Hearing the music makes me relax, and knowing I've done it brings this amazing feeling of pride, and awe. But more about that at a different time :)
And lastly, but certainly not the least important (it may even be the most important) I'm grateful for my daddy. He took the time to teach each of us such important things, like how to work hard. I know I complained a lot, but he was there to keep me going. He continually encourages me to do my best and to get the best possible education. But, with all this, he wants me to make my own decisions and to be able to take care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment