Thursday, August 6, 2009

Time Well Spent


I recently got to spend some good times with Jessica, Colby, and Smokey Joe. We did many different things, like packing boxes, going shopping, packing boxes, getting haircuts, and did I mention packing boxes?! Yeah, I went and helped Jessica pack up all of her belongings.
My journey began, surprisingly, at Pine View High School on July 22nd. I went up on a bus with all the other bando's from the Washington County School's to perform in two parades. We practiced for two hours about 2-3 times a week. It was well worth all of our efforts when we marched in both The Bountiful Handcart parade as well as The Days of '47 parade. After the Days of '47 parade, the band went and spent the afternoon playing at Lagoon. I had a fantastic time with all of my friend's that went!! On July 25th we went to 7 Peaks water park and played until about 3:30 in the afternoon. I was picked up by Jessica and Colby and taken back to their house (and a really nice shower!!)
While amidst all the scramble to pack, Jessica, Jordanne, Courtney(who had come up for a night), and I found time to stop by Jessica's hairdresser. I was convinced by Jordanne to cut my hair really short again... It feels so much lighter!! :) It's definitely a change, though.
I stayed with them in Salt Lake until July 31, and we proceeded with "The Move". (You can read her blog for details). I stayed in Pheonix with her until the following Monday, and then I finally made it home :) It was a really good trip with my time well spent! At least I wasn't sitting at home doing nothing!! :)

1 comment: